Wednesday, April 1, 2009

101 Drive-In Mural


I hadn't made it over to the 101 Drive-In in months and months, but got a cheeseburger there on Tuesday. I talked about the place way back about a year ago on Willits Daily Photo, but hadn't featured it since. Even after such a long time, the proprietor still remembered that I took my burgers without lettuce!

While waiting for my order to cook, I decided to get a good look at this mural/panel painting decorating the open air dining area. It was done by students at the nearby Sanhedrin Alternative High School, situated nearby, in 1998. This image doesn't really do justice to its details.

6 comments:

Hilda said...

Now that's fantastic service! And that yellow paint around the mural is just perfect for theme day! ;)

raf said...

Just had a hunch I might find a dash of yellow here today or, at least, hoped I would. Glad to see you're still posting here, Elaine.

USelaine said...

Thank you both for noticing the "theme day" yellow today. This burger joint is probably the most notable permanent yellow we have in town, and I just happened to be in the mood for a burger...

Unknown said...

Very eye-catching indeed!

Kris McCracken said...

Burger without lettuce?

Are you Henry in disguise?

USelaine said...

Thanks JM!

Kris, they use iceberg lettuce, which just makes the sandwich slide apart. I'm having asparagus/tomato/potato salad even as I write this.

Thanks guys!